Church Office Tel: 01443 300345
Admin email: [email protected]
Link for Live Stream: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1ftWuXHexnfFdo1FKwXBZA
30th July 2023
We welcome everyone who joins us for worship today, especially if you are visiting, or worshipping with us for the first time.
Today’s service is special, as it is being led by Simon and Sue, who have been members our fellowship since October 2004, when they travelled to Pontypridd from Rhyl with their family, as Simon had accepted the invitation to be our Minister. A post he held until becoming Moderator for URC Wales Synod in August 2012. Sue’s contribution to church life continued while Simon was Moderator and she and Simon will be greatly missed. We wish them well in their new home in Swansea.
We pray for us all a time of rich blessing, but also of challenge, as they lead our worship today.
Coffee will be served after today’s service, to allow people time to say their goodbyes to Sue and Simon, you will also have a chance to peruse the handmade cards that will be on sale.
Those who have booked for the Lunch at the Heritage Park are asked to arrive in time to be seated by1pm.
Church Family and Pastoral News
We include this in the newsletter to inform our prayers during the week.
- We are very sorry to hear that Hilary tested positive for COVID on Wednesday, we pray for a quick recovery.
- We think of Stephanie who as an appointment on Monday with the spinal specialist in the University hospital, Cardiff.
- We hold Maralyn and the family in our thoughts as they say their final ‘Goodbye’ to Uncle George on Thursday.
- We learnt too late for last week’s news that Beti has had a cataract operation. Take it easy Beti.
- Jayne Bright has a problem with her knee and has been referred back to her surgeon.
- Diane Wheeler, who recently had surgery on her foot, has had the pin removed but is still in pain and unable to wear shoes. She looks forward to being able to join us again in the future.
- We think of those for who this time of year has sad memories, and pray that they can remember the good times as they look back.
- Ray’s friend John Peterkin has asked that we pray for his nephew Jack who is in hospital in Bristol with very serious injuries after a car crash. We pray for him and for his parents and the rest of the family.
Thank You very much / Diolch yn fawr iawn.
Thank you everyone for our lovely 60th Anniversary cards and your kind and thoughtful messages.
God s blessings be with you all / Bendithion yr Arglwydd a fo gyda chi i gyd Madeleine and Ron
There are no birthdays or celebrations that we are aware of this week. However, as there are no newsletters during August, we are including the names of all who will have birthdays before the next newsletter which will be on September 3rd.
Sunday 6th Janice Healy, Monday 7th Pat Howell, Thursday 10th Janet Bayliss, Saturday 12th Jane Jones,
Sunday 13th Jen Edwards, Monday 14th Colleen Rowan & Rhiannon Howells, Thursday 17th Anne Hill
Tuesday 22nd Roger Bright Friday 25th Hilary Goodfellow and Saturday Sept 2nd Annette Powell.
We hope you are all able to celebrate with family and friends.
We extend our congratulations and good wishes to Bethan who is making a career change. Bethan has a love for drama and her teaching post reflected this, but she has changed course and will be joining Urdd Gobaith Cymru as Artistic Director from September. Da iawn a phob lwc Bethan
Diary for the Month
Monday 31st Language Class 10.00am and most Mondays in August.
Wednesday 2nd St David’s Guild 2.00pm (see below)
Sunday 6th Morning Worship with Dave Kitchen at 10.45am
Tuesday 8st 50+ Armchair Yoga 1.30 -3.30pm also on 22nd
The sessions are free, just a £1 raffle. Everyone is welcome.
St David’s Guild
At our next meeting on August 2nd, which will take place in the Victoria Room at 2pm, Margaret Wicks will share ~ A Family Poem ~ which was written by her younger sister. It promises to be a very interesting afternoon. We may also have time to share personal tales.
August 13th – Zoom Rev Ray Vincent August 20th Iestyn Henson
August 27th Stephen Webber September 3rd Rev Mark Fairweather
Induction Service in Swansea
We have to give numbers of those attending to Christ Well Church by next Sunday. The service is on Saturday 2nd September at 2pm. If you have NOT signed up please give your name to Lynda or Marcia as soon as possible.
Thought for the Week
“Once you embrace unpleasant news not as a negative
but as evidence of a need for change,
you aren’t defeated by it.
You’re learning from it”.
Bill Gates (1999)