Church Office Tel: 01443 300345
Admin email: [email protected]
29th January 2023
It’s Synod Sunday, the first Zoom service of the year which we share with other URC churches across Wales. Today’s Synod Service comes from the United Church, Rhyl and will be led by the Minister Rev Peter Robinson. He will be asking the question ‘What is the most wonderful thing you have known God to do?
For those joining the Zoom Service the pre-service chat will be available from 10.30. We look forward to ‘seeing you in the square’ and catching up with those who are unable to join us in person.
A parallel service will be held at St David’s for those who prefer a live service or don’t have access to Zoom
Church Family and Pastoral News
We include this in the news sheet to inform our prayers.
- We were saddened to announce last Sunday that Cyril’s daughter Janet had passed away. Cyril was able to visit her. We hold Cyril and Janet’s sons, Haydn, Brennig and Tomos and their families in our prayers.
- We also heard last weekend that Graham, Anne’s husband had fractured his shoulder, and it has been confirmed that it is also dislocated. He is in considerable pain and is finding life frustrating; we think of Anne as she copes with the situation.
- Viviane’s sister returned to residential care last weekend; we trust that she is comfortable and that Viviane is able to spend time with her.
- The two members of our congregation in the Royal with pneumonia, are up and down, and are having various tests, no date is being given for either to return home.
- Elsie’s visit to Velindre last week was in preparation for her treatment, she will receive the start date in due course.
- We remember those of our fellowship who are housebound or unable to get out very often; especially, John & Jean, Loreen, Diana, Valerie, Sue in Ty Gwynno, Edith, Sharon, Cyril, Hilary and David.
- We think of Gwyneth as she has an appointment at Guy’s hospital this week, and hope that all is well.
There are two birthday’s this week that we are aware of – Mo Chester on Monday 30th and Sue Salmon on Saturday 4th February. Have a very happy birthday and we hope you are able to celebrate with your families.
Diary for the Week
Monday 30th Language Class 10.00 am
Wednesday 1st St David’s Guild – 2.00 – 3.30 pm (see below) Guides – 6.00 pm
Thursday 2nd Tenovus ‘Sing with Us’ Choir 7.00 pm
Friday 3rd Hatha Yoga – 9.30-11.30 am
Sunday 5th 10.45am Morning Worship with Dave Kitchen.
St David’s Guild
Guild members found last week’s illustrated talk about Betty Campbell and her statue “very, very interesting, it was very informative. We learned from it and admired not only her achievements but also the work of the sculptress herself, who, working in bronze produced symbols in relief of the headmistress’s life and work. ML
This week Robert James will enlighten us about the life and works of composer Ralph Vaughan Williams.
Church Meeting – A Reminder.
The meeting is on Monday, February 6th at 7pm and will be chaired by Rev Martin Spain, the URC Officer for Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations.
If you are unable to attend the meeting and have any observations/questions after reading the document you received last week, please put them in writing or speak to your Elder, Pam or Lynda. If you haven’t received the document, please let Lynda know. This is an important meeting and everybody’s input is of value.
The full agenda and the minutes from the last meeting are on the notice board. Notice of any other business can be given at the beginning of the meeting.
An Update ~ Total received – £635 ~ plus £90 to be claimed by the charities through gift aid. £300 has been sent to Llamau and £335 to Christian Aid
February 12th 10.30 Zoom Service with Rev Ray Vincent. 10.45 Service in Church led by Michael
February 19th 10.45 Haydn Blackey
Zoom Bible Study
We are invited by Rev’d Owen Griffiths, Minister for South East Wales Presbytery, to the first Zoom Bible Study Meeting which will take place on Tuesday 31st January at 7pm. They will be held fortnightly.
The passage chosen for this week is Matthew 5:1-3.
A sheet of questions that will help anyone who wishes to prepare beforehand is available from Marcia. but they are by no means necessary.
Meeting ID: 837 1727 7011 Passcode: 785715
Thought for the week
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.
We carry the seeds of one or the other with us in our minds wherever we go.