& Castle Square URC
1st May 2022
We are pleased to welcome Rev Peter Noble, former Moderator URC Wales Synod, to lead worship at Saint David’s this Sunday. Peter ministries have included Llanfair Uniting Church, Penrhys and Van Road, Caerphilly. He was also Ecumenical Chaplain in Cardiff Bay.
Phil will be leading the worship at Castle Square which will include Holy Communion
If you are unable to join us in person the service at Saint David’s will be live streamed and available later on YouTube.
The reflection and prayers from this week’s service will not be posted to our website.
We encourage you to watch it on our YouTube page
Church Family and Pastoral News
We include this in the news sheet to inform our prayers.
- Sadly, we report that Val Stone passed away in the early hours of 25th April, a day before her 92nd birthday. Val had been involved in the life of St David’s (both old and new) for well over 40 years, she was a prominent member of Ladies guild, serving as secretary for some time. She had a great love of music, and enjoyed singing. Val was a very supportive member of ‘her’ church and she will be greatly missed. We hold her daughter Margaret and son-in-law Glyn in our prayers at this time;
- Sonia received the sad news on Thursday that her cousin Raymond, who had suffered with depression and mental health problems for many years, had taken his own life. He was the late Minnie Diaper’s Son. We think of Sonia and the rest of the family as they mourn;
- Martha is enjoying being home after her long stay in hospital. She is improving daily;
- We think of those who are having a bad reaction to their latest Covid injection and we give thanks that our NHS is working to care for us;
- We remember those of our fellowship who are unable to remember us, and we pray for their well-being.
Just the one birthday that we are aware of this week – Steve Jones will be celebrating on Thursday 5th May. Although having just returned from visiting his daughter in Australia we guess he may have started the celebrations early! It’s good to have you back.
Joint Service 10.45 Phil will lead our worship on Zoom
May 15th – Christian Aid Week
St David’s 10.45 Phil will lead our worship with Nathan Munday
Castle Square 11.00 Ray Vincent will lead worship.
At Castle Square
Craft and Chat are NOT meeting this week as it’s a Bank Holiday, they will meet on Monday 9th
Ladies Guild are meeting at the usual time on Wednesday, 4th May and will meet on the first Wednesday of the month from now on.
At St David’s
The Park Ramblers will meet at 10.15 on Monday for their weekly walk/stroll around the park, and will have coffee in the Lido Café afterwards.
Everyone is welcome to the May meeting of St David’s Uniting Guild next Wednesday, 4th May, at 2pm. Robert James, a man of many talents, is going to take us on a photographic journey…destinations, themes and topics are unknown so come along and enjoy a mystery afternoon. Access will be through the Church.
Easter Sunday Service on YouTube
Success ! At last, the copyright items have been removed and the service is now available on our YouTube channel, also through the link below:
We will be serving Tea and Coffee after today’s service. We invite you to take this time to catch up with friends.
Colleen’s hand-made cards will be available, whatever type of card you require there is sure to be one available, as there are cards for all occasions.
A Thought for Week
“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable,
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”
George Bernard Shaw.