Rev. Dr. Phil Wall
Tel: 01443 300345 Mob: 07855090360
10th June 2018
We welcome you all to our services today, especially if you are a visitor or worshipping with us for the first time.
Our service this morning is being led by Phil, and we pray that, through him and with him, we may be made aware of God’s message to us all.
This evening at 6pm Margaret and Chris will lead our Iona style worship
Fair-trade tea and coffee will be served after this morning’s service, we invite you to enjoy some light refreshments in the company of friends.
Our ‘Copper Pot’ is on the table waiting for your ‘small change’, the money is donated to ‘local’ charities; if you have any suggestions for a worthy charity please tell Claire Hughes.
Hymns: 388 O praise ye the Lord!
We can make a difference
From heaven all healing flows
207 Heaven shall not wait
Readings Psalm 146; Luke 21:1-4
Diary for the Week
Monday 11th Language Class 9.30-13.00
Karate Clubs 16.30-19.30
Elders Meeting 19.30
Tuesday 12th Kids Club at Church House
Wednesday 13th Rainbows & Guides from 16.45
Thursday 14th Sing for Life Choir 18.30-20.00
Saturday 16th Cantorion will NOT meet until July 7
Sunday 17th Our Family Service at 10.45am will be led by Rev Ray Vincent and at 4pm we will have our monthly film and chat session.
Church Family and Pastoral News
People to hold in your thoughts and prayers today and during this week:
- The people who are willing to serve as Elders.
- People who are feeling frustrated because they can’t get around as they would like, and those who cannot remember us.
- Those who are sharing their ministry with friends elsewhere: Iestyn at Parkminster, Cardiff this morning.
Claire’s husband, Rob, is facing many challenges at the moment and he and the family remain in our prayers. One challenge that he faced last Sunday was cutting off his plait to raise money for Velindre Cancer Centre! If you’d like to support his endeavours, please pass money onto Claire!” or visit his ‘Just giving’ page, to date he has raised an incredible £1,464.64
News Sheet & Web Site
For the next two weeks items for the news sheet should be given to Alison by Thursday afternoon.
Our grateful thanks to Cerys who has fixed the recent problems on our web site. All is now back to normal! If you would like to be notified when something new is posted just put your email address in the box on the front page of our website to subscribe.
This Week and in the Future……
Ladies Guild will meet on 12 noon on June 13th for their monthly Fish and Chip lunch which will be followed by a time of ‘fun’. If you wish to join us please give your name to Marcia TODAY. Those not in church will be contacted by phone.
At our next Film & Chat on June 17th we will be watching a gritty, highly acclaimed British Film which retells an Oscar Wilde parable in a contemporary, dark and dramatic style. Certificate 15 – contains strong language throughout.
Our Celebration Sunday and AGM are just 2 weeks away on June 24 & 25 ……..The reports from organisations should be with Marcia TODAY
If you are the leader of a group/organisation within the church, have you reflected on how you can participate/celebrate your year on Celebration Sunday (June 24th)? If you have any photos you could share; or a reflection to offer; or maybe a hymn or an illustration of what you do in your group? Whatever it might be – small or something more – it will be great for others to see the amazing things you’re doing in your groups…so please ’show off’ and share your gifts as we thank God for this community. Phil will be pleased to learn of what you are willing to share.
Next month, we will be hosting a number of events to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the founding of the NHS. This is a chance for us to pray for and say thanks to all the hardworking women and men who work tirelessly to aid our health and well-being. You can be involved in this in a number of ways:
- Speak! Got a memory about what your family used for healthcare before medicine was more widely available? Contact Pam if you have a story to share.
- Come! Attend the Night of Celebration with Tredegar Town Band and Special Guests. Compered by Beverley Humphreys. 14th July, 7pm at the church. Tickets: £10 downstairs, £8 upstairs. Tickets available from Lynda or at Eventbrite eventbrite.co.uk/e/god-bless-the-nhs-tickets-46047659790
- Walk! Join Bethan, Phil and others at the end of our epic Rhyl – Cardiff walk. Could you manage walking from Merthyr- Ponty via the Taff Trail on Saturday 14th July (15 miles) or, come support us for the final few steps, from the Bevan statue by Cardiff Castle to the Senedd (1.7 miles) at 11:15am on Tuesday 17th July when we present our thanks and work to the Welsh Assembly in the company of Tenovus Sing for Life Choir.
- Worship! Our Sunday morning worship during July will all focus on the theme of health and wholeness so even those who aren’t able to participate in the other events can still be involved as we say ‘God Bless the NHS’
As we continue to request donations for the Foodbank to help all those people who struggle to feed their families, we are pleased to announce that the Pontypridd FoodBank has been shortlisted for Sainsbury’s local charity of the year. You can cast your vote in store or on line at www.sainsburyslocalcharity.co.uk Voting opens on Monday 12th June and closes on Sunday 25th June.
Items currently needed are: Milk (UHT) Fruit Juice (UHT Carton)
Tinned meat & Tinned fish. Cash donations are also welcome.
Jun 24th am Celebration Sunday 6pm Discussion & Communion
Jul 1st am Rev Ray Vincent 6pm Contemplative
Flowers for June are being donated by
Jane & Roger Bright, Anne Hill, Carol Powell and Kath Couchman
Thought for the Week
God doesn’t call the qualified; He qualifies the called. Christine Caine