Minister: Rev. Dr Phil Wall
Tel: 01443 300345 Mob: 07855090360
30th June 2019
We welcome everyone who joins us today for worship with a difference as the ‘On Tap’ crew lead our worship.
May we be open to any challenges that are given to us.
Fair-traded refreshments will be served in the hall following the morning service. We invite you to join us for this time of informal fellowship and take time to look at the handmade cards which are on sale.
The Copper pot is on the table at the back of the church, if you have any small change, please, put it in the pot and it will eventually be given to a local charity.
The foodbank boxes are also in the usual places waiting for your donations.
Hymn: 141 – Forgive our sins as we forgive,
Readings: 2 Samuel 12:1-12;
Diary for the Week
Monday 1st Language Class 9.30-13.00
Church AGM 7.30pm
Tuesday 2nd On Tap at Clwb Y Bont 7.30pm
Saturday 6th Cantorion 10.30-11.30
Sunday 7th 10.45 – Family Service with Hadyn Blackey
18.00 Evening Communion Service
Church Family and Pastoral News
We include this in the newssheet to inform our prayers.
- We remember Claire’s husband, Rob, as he is receiving immunotherapy, and Claire as she cares and supports him.
- We also think of Anne’s husband, Vern who is finding his treatment hard to cope with, and Anne as she cares for him.
- The Family of Margaret Johnson whose funeral will be held at Castle Court on Tuesday at 10.30 followed by cremation at Glyntaf at 11.00am
- For Iestyn who is sharing his ministry this afternoon and at High Street, Merthyr.
- Ray, who is currently not well and who hopes to be visiting Downing Street on Tuesday as part of the LGBT Pride He has asked to be released from his preaching engagements this week and next.
- As we enjoy this spell of warm weather, we remember those who find it difficult to cope.
- Those of our fellowship who worked so hard yesterday at the Big Day Out in Builth Wells. The poster of what we do is on display!
This Week and in the future
- Monday July 1st at 7.30pm – Our Church AGM – the Agenda and minutes are on the notice board. Reports are available from Marcia – because of printing problems copies are limited to one per household with preference being given to those who will be attending the AGM. More copies will be available next week.
Lynda Bull, Margaret Morris, are Bethan Walkling, Maralyn Tomlinson and Robert James have been nominated and will, hopefully affirmed as elders.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, please sign the apologies list or let your Elder know.
- Wednesday 10th July, (time to be confirmed) our church will buzzing with the sound of children’s voices as the end of term concert for local Primary schools will be held.
- Saturday 13th July: Festival of Prayer – John and other excellent Christian speakers will attend a day of worship and learning at Llandaff Cathedral. More information found at festivalofprayer.co.uk
- Saturday 13th July St David’s Hall 30pm STUART TOWNEND and CAMBRENSIS Choir and Orchestra and the St David’s Praise Choir in concert in a unique evening of music and praise. Tickets £15 under 16’s £11 available from www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk
With the summer holidays approaching there will be a greater demand on the Local Foodbanks. They work with referral agencies to issue food vouchers to those in need of emergency food in times of crisis. They provide a minimum of three days’ nutritionally balanced, tinned and dried food donated by c local community.
Please buy an extra item or give a donation so that the school holidays will not be a time of hardship. Thankyou
The July Birthday Meal sign-up sheet is on the table. Suggested dates are July 22nd evening, July 23rd lunch, or July 28th lunch. It currently looks as if July 28th will be chosen!
At our Celebration Service last Sunday The Park Ramblers mentioned the Quiz questions that in exchange for a small amount of money each person can attempt. The money collected is given to Street Pastors. As our numbers have increased so have our contributions. Last Christmas we gave them £95!
Here are two examples of the questions –
- 5s – is a workplace organise method that uses a list of five words translated into English as:-
Set in order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain, Sort
From which country does it originate?
1) America 2) Japan 3) Sweden 4) Australia
2. When Winston Churchill got really angry, he threw WHAT across the room
1) his pipe 2) both his slippers 3) his teeth 4) his whisky glass
….the answers will be given next week..
Sermons in print. There are many of our fellowship who are no longer able to worship with us. If you visit them or speak with them, please enquire if they would like to receive copies of the sermons when they are available. We currently have the Easter sermons and the Pentecost Reflection available. Names can be given to Marcia
July 7th 10.45am Haydn Blackey will lead our Family Worship in place of Rev Ray Vincent.
6.00pm Evening Communion
July 14th 10.45am Gwen Simmons
Flowers for July are being donated by
Maralyn Tomlinson, Madeline Howells
and Margaret Holcombe
Thought for the Week
Humility is the forerunner of advancement. William Mather (Schoolmaster) 1727