& Castle Square URC
19th September 2021
Today at 10.45 the congregation of St David’s will gather to recall, listen, respond, and share our first attempted hybrid annual church meeting including morning worship.
This will include the affirmation of Elders. a look at our Environmental Policy, the Vision committee proposal, our future pattern of worship, activities and resource management and a proposal from Ray Vincent to support a refugee Church in Kenya
To join us on-line use the usual zoom link for Sunday’s service. An explanation on how we can participate will be given – we just hope it works!
This evening, at 6pm, we will be having a zoom story-telling Communion service on the theme of ‘creation’. Come along to tell or listen to stories of God’s wonderful, scary, beautiful, hurting, amazing creation and our place within it. Usual zoom link details
Church Family and Pastoral News
- We are very sad to announce that Bernice passed away on Tuesday evening. Bernice was a great helper and supporter of Chewsdays; she ‘retired’ not that long ago but still came along every week for her Jacket Potato with Tuna Mayo, she was also a loyal stalwart of Guild. She greatly enriched the lives of the people she met. She will be greatly missed by so many people. We hold her daughter Alison and son Simon, along with her grandchildren, great grandchildren and her great great grandchild. in our prayers as they prepare for the funeral which will be held on Tuesday 28th September. The service will be held at Castle Square at 1.45, then 2:15pm, Glyntaff.
- We think of Elsie as she waits for test results Elsie and Dorothy who has an appointment this week.
- We continue to hold Peter and Audrey’s grandson in our prayers and hope his treatment is working.
- We keep Jayne in our thoughts as she has tested positive (again) for Covid although she has no symptoms, Roger has had to have a test. So isolation and no work again for Jayne.
- We think of the Castle Sq folk as they mourn the passing of Bernice and as they look forward to returning to worship in Church on October 3rd.
- If anyone has pastoral news to be shared at the Church meeting, please let Phil know early Sunday Morning.
We congratulate Susan and Huw Thomas who will be celebrating their Golden Wedding on September 25th and wish them many more years of wedded bliss!!
Birthdays this week
People we know who are celebrating their birthdays this week: TODAY a certain gentleman from the Castle Square Fellowship is 87! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELWYN! Enjoy your day. Tuesday 21st Iestyn Henson and Saturday 25th Marlene McCloy. We believe there is another person who has a birthday on Wednesday who wishes to remain anonymous! Have a great birthday all – we hope you are able to celebrate.
Services next week
As the future worship pattern for St David’s is being discussed at the Church meeting the following may not be correct!
- Sept 26th45am – Live streamed Service at St David’s with Rev Dr Phil Wall
St David’s AGM
This is the first attempted hybrid annual church meeting and the various reports that have accompanied it. If you haven’t received these and think you should have, please contact Marcia for email copies or Lynda for paper copies.
Due to a back niggle Iestyn made the sensible decision to transfer to the 10K. which he completed!
He felt honoured to represent the University of Sussex and raise money for Research into Mental Health.
His aim was to raise £500 at the time of writing he has reached £515 – Well done Iestyn ! https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/iestyn-henson1
A Thought for the Week
The secret of making something work in your lives is first of all,
the deep desire to make it work; then the faith and belief that it can work;
then to hold that clear definite vision in your consciousness
and see it working out step by step, without one thought of doubt or disbelief.
Eileen Caddy 1917-2006
LATE NEWS…..LATE NEWS…..
Jayne and Roger are OK ….Roger returned a negative COVID test and Jayne was tested again and all is OK!
ZOOM: Log in opens at 10.30 for pre service chat. Services will start at 10.45 or as advertised. Zoom service link – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89461145366?pwd=S3ExNTVjdGVGdXlGVlNQc2k3eldudz09
PHONE: (call 0203 901 7895. then, when asked, type in the meeting ID – 894 6114 5366; followed – when asked – by the passcode – 8453605) Calls are charged at standard UK call rates.
LIVE STREAM: – to join go to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1ftWuXHexnfFdo1FKwXBZA where you should be able to join the service. Don’t join too early!